Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Cop-Out

This has been all over the interwebs in various forms (including on Jules’ blog), and as it does not require any creativity on my part, I will reproduce parts of it here:


Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more next year?
Heh, well, I just found my list of resolutions from last year, and while it was a bit ambitious (25 resolutions!), it was nevertheless an unequivocal FAIL. I kept exactly three of them in their entirety.


What countries did you visit?
None other than this one, but I spent
quite a bit of time on the road!


What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A new TV. How long have I been saying that?


What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 20
, the day the world watched Barack Obama take the oath of office.
September 12 and 19, when four of my best friends got married.


What was the best thing you bought?
My new slippers are pretty awesome.


Where did most of your money go?
Rent. Though more of it went to Ann Taylor Loft than probably should have.


What did you get really excited about?
The inauguration/new administration.
My Christmas miracle boots.
Weddings, weddings, weddings.


What song(s) will always remind you of 2009?
“Fire Burning” and “Poker Face,” due entirely to Jules and M’s wedding. Also, the Glee versions of “Somebody to Love” and “Don’t Stop Believin’.”


What was your favorite TV program?
Glee, obviously, tied with Bones.


Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word, but I am utterly disgusted by the Gosselins and Tiger Woods. What an ass.


What was the best book you read?
Oh, man. Where to start? Cutting for Stone (Abraham Verghese) was fantastic. I finally read, and enjoyed, Wuthering Heights and Rebecca. Tana French (In the Woods and The Likeness), Stieg Larsson (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), and Geraldine Brooks (People of the Book and Year of Wonders) kept me engrossed with their thrillers and historical fiction.


What was your greatest musical discovery?
(All together now!): The Glee soundtracks! Also, I’ve gotten pretty into Mahler, though I don't think I can count that as a discovery.


What was your favorite film of this year?
It was NOT It’s Complicated. But other than that, nothing really sticks out.


What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went out for Lebanese food with seven of my best friends for my 26th birthday.


What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more statisfying?
Immeasurably? Winning the lottery, I guess. But I’d say it was pretty satisfying year.


Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Two things popped into my mind when I read this: "What a stupid question" and "John Krasinski."


What political issue stirred you the most?
Healthcare reform; gay marriage (it’s impossible to live in DC and not feel strongly about this)

No comments:

Post a Comment