Friday, December 19, 2008
But whatever! Because I am going home tomorrow for CHRISTMAS. I am like a kid on the last day of school before the holiday break, hopped up on sugar (have I mentioned the number of treats that appear in the office around the holidays?) and accomplishing nothing. Except making list of things to pack and to do before I leave. So far it looks like this:
- Poinsetta (lest it die while I am away)
- Messiah score (I'm singing with the choir on Sunday, and I've been brushing up on my choruses. BRING IT ON, George Frideric!)
- iPod loaded with Christmas music
- DVDs (White Christmas; Love Actually; The Family Stone)
- Books (at least three)
- Toothpaste (I have developed a habit of forgetting to pack toothpaste on recent trips.)
- Camera charger
- Load car
- Figure out which laundry to take home
- Wash dishes
- Clean smelly stuff out of fridge
- Take out trash
- Clean spilled dirt out of car (The poinsetta fell over in transit from the store.)
Monday, December 8, 2008
This is nothing new. When we were kids, G and I and three other kids in our neighborhood started a neighborhood newspaper. We never actually wrote or published anything, but we spent a great deal of time arranging our "office" in Jenna's playhouse.
In fifth grade, three of my friends and I started a babysitters' club. We had several sugar-fueled meetings. Never did any babysitting, though (not as part of the club, anyway).
Anyway. Remember the Great Purge O'Crap of 2008? Yeah, me too.
And remember how I mentioned the two untouched boxes covered in clothes? I cleaned them off. But then....
...it, uh, reaccumulated. I would also like to point out that there are six pairs of shoes in that photo--my boots, black mary jane heels, black peep toes, black flats (can you tell I wear a lot of black?), running shoes, and my beloved Pumas--and that in the last two weeks, I have worn them all. Which tells you something about the variety of temperatures I've recently experienced (60 degrees on Thanksgiving in Georgia... 24 degrees in D.C. last night. If it weren't for the week in between, I'd have meteorological whiplash).
My progress since then has been
nonexistent minimal. I have gone through exactly two boxes of clothing. That was two weeks ago. I need to get on the stick.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
2) Mug of tea or hot chocolate
3) No lights except the Christmas tree
Ahhhhh, the holidays!