Friday, December 19, 2008

Sugar-fueled ramblings

HELLO, INTERNET! I had almost forgotten that I have a blog. It suddenly occurred to me yesterday, hey, wasn't it a year ago that I started this thing? Turns out it was a year ago on December 3. I missed my blogiversary! Alas.

But whatever! Because I am going home tomorrow for CHRISTMAS. I am like a kid on the last day of school before the holiday break, hopped up on sugar (have I mentioned the number of treats that appear in the office around the holidays?) and accomplishing nothing. Except making list of things to pack and to do before I leave. So far it looks like this:

Pack
  • Gifts
  • Poinsetta (lest it die while I am away)
  • Messiah score (I'm singing with the choir on Sunday, and I've been brushing up on my choruses. BRING IT ON, George Frideric!)
  • Pillow
  • iPod loaded with Christmas music
  • DVDs (White Christmas; Love Actually; The Family Stone)
  • Books (at least three)
  • Toothpaste (I have developed a habit of forgetting to pack toothpaste on recent trips.)
  • Laundry
  • Camera charger
I recognize the omissions in this list (like, you know, clothes), but these are the important, most-likely-to-be-forgotten things.

To Do
  • Pack
  • Load car
  • Figure out which laundry to take home
  • Wash dishes
  • Clean smelly stuff out of fridge
  • Take out trash
  • Clean spilled dirt out of car (The poinsetta fell over in transit from the store.)
As you can see, I have a lot to do tonight. But I shall press onward, because I am going HOME tomorrow, and CHRISTMAS is a'comin'. And I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment