Friday, January 22, 2010

Heard.... (or, rather, typed): Work Edition

As is typical when you work with a bunch of 30-something guys, an innocent chain of work-related emails devolved into sci-fi "humor"...and then unnecessary meanness.

S:
We can do better.

K: We will do better.

Me: So say we all!

...

Me: Sorry. Battlestar Galactica humor. Don't know where that came from.

S: Are you three going to turn all Star Wars/Trek on me?

K: How about we make a new Star Wars-esqe anti-slogan for our department? It will show our toughness to the others. "The [company name] Marketing Department. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

JK (our boss): In the words of Vader, "Perhaps I can find new ways of motivating them, as the emperor is less forgiving than I am."

Me: ...well, that's not ominous at ALL. [begins updating her resume]

JK: I hear [my former employer, having financial troubles] is hiring.

Me: Ok, that was unnecessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment