Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday miscellany

I’m sitting in the relative warmth of my apartment, congratulating my friends on the wise decision not to go ice skating in a 20 degree wind chill. Because, naturally, the obvious thing to do in below-freezing temperatures is to strap on metal blades and go skidding around on a sheet of ice. Sounds awesome! Let's all go get frostbite.
*****
Hey! Guess what. Apparently, I am nearing my 200th post! I also realized that this is the fourth calendar year of this exercise in naval-gazing, though I technically only began just over two years ago. It took me a good five minutes to get my head around that little fact (two years….four years…what?), because, as I frequently remind my boss when he asks me to do budgets or accounting, I don’t do numbers. (“Okay, I’ll do it, but you remember this day when the auditors come calling.”)*
*****
And finally, do you know what currants looks like? This, apparently:
I had no idea! I mean, sure, the amount of time I spend pondering the physical merits of a currant ranks somewhere just above the amount of time spent pondering the merits of Spencer Pratt** (because that would be a colossal waste of time), but it did take me by surprise.
*Note to my mother: No, I don't REALLY talk to him like that. Usually. Okay, he knows I'm kidding.
**(In Googling Spencer Pratt to find a suitable link for those of you who are [blissfully] unaware, the third thing that popped up read as follows: "The loathsome Spencer Pratt is a random dumbass who has gained celebrity gossip notoriety from being on MTV's The Hills as Heidi Montag's loser boyfriend." HA! So true.)

No comments:

Post a Comment