Wednesday, July 15, 2009

WEIRD. (The Month of Everything, Weekend #2)

Wedding weekend #1 has come and gone, and I had a most excellent time. The whole family, minus one branch of cousins, was at the rehearsal dinner, which featured a quite entertaining slideshow/video presentation by MC, sister of the groom. I was seated with my cousin Elliott, several members of the wedding party, and a few miscellaneous friends--none of whom, other than Elliott, I knew. (Mom: "Are you going to be okay over there?" Me: "I've managed with tougher crowds than this.")

Then Saturday was the wedding, and let me tell you, it is WEIRD when the guy who once endlessly tormented you and your girl cousins is suddenly up there getting married. In a tuxedo, looking all... grown up. To a lovely young lady who has, apparently, agreed to the whole thing. Weird, I say. Mom and Aunt K kept exchanging "I CAN'T HANDLE THIS" looks.

But nonetheless, we chatted, we laughed, we ate shrimp 'n' grits, we took many photos, we danced to the oldies. It was a good time, and likely the first of many such events. But none, probably, as weird as this one. The first one.


Up next: Jules' wedding showers in Ohio!

No comments:

Post a Comment