Friday, July 18, 2008

Why I love Neil Patrick Harris (and other stories)

So, I think I have mentioned before that I love Neil Patrick Harris. (Actually, maybe I haven't mentioned it on here, but it has definitely come up in Real Life.) Because I do. I find him Awesome --that's with a capital A--and I think we would be friends. You know, if he knew who I was.

He is also on my list of Five Famous People I Would Invite For A Dinner Party. I've been refining this list for a while. So far it includes Neil Patrick Harris and Desmond Tutu. They're the only two I've decided on so far. (Wouldn't THAT be a party? Doogie Howser/Barney Stinson and Desmond Tutu? You know you'd want to be there for that.)

Anyway. The reason I love Neil Patrick Harris today (and all this past week) is because of this: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. (For those keeping score, this is created by Joss Whedon, he of Buffy fame, among other things. It was conceptualized as a way to Stick It To The Studios during the writer's strike earlier this year. Here is why.) Is Neil Patrick Harris too famous or cool to do a web-only mini-musical? NO HE IS NOT. And it is fabulous and wonderful. Parts I and II are up now. Part III will be posted tomorrow.

I toyed with not posting this at all, since the entire thing will be removed from the web on Sunday and turned into a DVD, but if you read this before then, CHECK IT OUT. Because, as I said, it is awesome.

Case in point:

The goggles. They are reason enough to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment