Monday, June 9, 2008

"Ah, summer..."

"...what power you have to make us suffer and like it." ~Russell Baker

Yeah, except for the "like it" part.

I'm warning you now that there's probably going to be a theme throughout my posts this summer, and that theme is: "DUDE, it is HOT."

Every year, I dread the coming of the oppressive heat. But, every year, I am totally surprised by the ferocity of the heat and humidity (OH, THE HUMIDITY!) when they settle upon the city. I'm starting to compile a list of things I can't do during the summer months due to the heat:

1) Use my oven. This shouldn't be much of a hardship, since I use it infrequently anyway. But now that I can't use it? ALL I WANT TO DO IS MAKE BROWNIES.
2) Sleep in a normal position. I've taken to sleeping diagonally in my bed in order to be at the optimal fan/breeze contact angle.
3) Have normal-looking hair. Using the hairdryer only exacerbates the hotness, so I either have to a) not use it and let my hair air dry, which ain't pretty, or b) melt. Although, really, either way it ends up in a ponytail, so this is a moo point. ("It's like a cow's opinion. It doesn't matter." ~Joey Tribbiani)

Anyway. Time to do some work in my nice, air conditioned office.

No comments:

Post a Comment