Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Anticipation, part 2

I would like to thank Jules for ruining the game for the rest of you, because she correctly guessed all of the photo locations. Either she is very good at Pictionary or she knows me really well.  Honorable mention goes to Aunt Jane, who thought that photo #2 was Russia. I wish.  But points for creativity, Aunt Jane! 

The answers, for those of you who are keeping score, are after the jump:

Photo #1: New York City, where I will travel in April with Ashley for Company with Neil Patrick Harris, among other things.

Photo #2: Disney World. (Yes, that's Cinderella's Castle.) Ashley and I will be visiting Jules in Orlando in June, where we will eat cheesecake and, likely, visit the Magic Kingdom.

Photo #3: Killington, Vermont, where my friend Karen is getting married in August.  On the same trip, I'll spend a few days in...

Photo #5: Boston, visiting another friend, Jay. That photo is of the famous "Make Way for Ducklings" statue in the Public Garden, a re-creation of the duck family in Robert McCloskey's classic children's book of the same name.

Photo #4: Yeah, that's the Jersey Turnpike. I have a wedding to attend in New Jersey in June, but I'm not sure where, exactly.  That was the best I could do, photo-wise.  On the way home from the wedding, I will stop in...

Photo #6: Philadelphia! Where I will enjoy a cheesesteak, because that it what you do in Philadelphia.
And last but not least,

Photo #7: The sublime Edisto Island, a little piece of heaven on earth, where our family vacations every year. 

I have a lot to look forward to.  What are your summer plans?

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I love this game. And I love even more that you put Killington on there. :) So excited you are coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for ruining the game but you know I like a good competition and LOVE winning! Also I know you PRETTY well so I guess it's a win-win?

    ReplyDelete