Friday, May 8, 2009

[Untitled post about Jules]*

I'm leaving tonight for Florida, where I will be visiting BFF and college roommate Jules (and Miguel, of course) for the next three days. I could not be more excited. I booked this trip several months ago, during the height of the insane period at work, and the anticipation has kept me going through some stressful days.

I HEART VACATION.

Anyway, today also happens to be Jules' birthday. The trip is fortuitously timed.

Do all of you know about Jules? No? Well, I was going to regale you with the story of how we met (our eyes met across a crowded room and....wait, no, wrong story). It's a good story. Jules likes to tell it to people, even though it makes her sound like high-maintenance priss and me like a judgemental fool. (No comments, please.) Anyway, it's all typed up and ready and and everything... on my computer at home. Where I am not, and won't be for several days, at which point the moment will have passed. So anyway, remind me to tell you about it sometime.

Instead, I offer you this, a snapshot of Jules:

LIKES
~ice cream
~the Cleveland Indians
~Muppets, specifically Kermit and Pepe
~Miguel (hopefully, since she's marrying him)
~me
~Friends reruns
~pajama pants that are not too short for her

[Above: We are a special brand of crazy. The bows did not come with the dresses.]

DISLIKES
~eggs
~tuna
~bananas
~meat on bones (ie. fried chicken)
~many, many other foods
~Bob Costas
~geography
~stores that don't carry her shoe size (11)
~rude people

Stories about Jules and me (and Ash, the third in our rather loud trio) could fill an entire separate blog, but not everyone would find them as entertaining as we do. Alas. So I shall wrap this up and say FELIZ BIRTHDAY, OHKEH, Jules. I will see you in a few short hours!

[Right: See those feet under that box? They belong to Jules. I am the weirdo in the pink shirt.]

*Holy Pete, I seriously couldn't come up with a clever title for this one.

1 comment:

  1. This goes without saying, but this was hilarious and I love it.

    ReplyDelete