Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Oy with the bowling already

It would appear that one side effect of bowling is turning into a 90-year-old Jewish woman.

The transformation happened overnight. I got out of bed this morning, and my legs immediately said, “Not so fast!” My thighs and glutes ache like I’ve run a marathon. I am honestly surprised I ever made it to work, given that I’m waddling around at about half my normal speed. Various utterances, like “OOF” and “OY,” issued forth from my office at various points today, any time that I attempted to either a) sit, or b) stand. In other words, every 20 minutes or so.

In my defense, I was not the only one in post-bowling pain. But I do believe that I was the most vocal.

I can barely walk. I have to lower myself into chairs because I can’t trust my legs to get me there safely. Going up or down stairs is agonizing.

I really need to start running or something. Jeez. BOWLING.

No comments:

Post a Comment