Thursday, May 22, 2008

The hills! They are alive, with music and whatnot

So, as many of you know, I am a huuuge fan of The Sound of Music. It is my #1 favorite movie of all time (#2 is Mary Poppins, and if you think it's a coincidence that these both star the magnificent Julie Andrews, well, you'd be wrong), a fact that has brought me no end of grief. I have still not lived down the fact that, on Easter evening last year, we all sat around the boys' living room and watched nearly all of it on TV. Yes, I was the one who turned it on, but I was not the one holding the control. Somebody could've changed the channel, is all I'm saying.

Anyway, I was clicking around in cyberspace today and stumbled upon another (clearly very intelligent) person who was waxing poetic about it:

"Oh sweet blissful cracker sandwich, I've gotten to watch The Sound of Music, which I not so secretly love...like when Mother Superior sings "Climb Every Mountain," I get all goosebumpy and want to go climb an Alp and spin around with cute gamine hair and make out with the hot Captain like a banshee." ~ Jemima

ME TOO! Although I get goosebumpy when "Climb Every Mountain" plays as they scale the Alps at the end of the movie to escape the Nazis, not when Mother Superior sings it. But I get her point.

No comments:

Post a Comment