Thursday, April 24, 2008

Why I shouldn't read blogs at work

...or, for that matter, any time I don't have a zillion hours to spare.

BECAUSE THEY ARE ADDICTIVE. Or some of them are, anyway. I was thinking today about how Miss Doxie--one of my favorite blogs and one of a few that totally cracks me up on a regular basis--hasn't posted anything since, I think, October. Where has she been? Why no stories about the dogs or Dukay?

However, I'm not the type to interact with those whose blogs I read, so I haven't emailed her to say "Hi, Miss Doxie, you don't know me, but I like your blog and I miss you. Come back! Sincerely, Me." Though I kinda want to.

Anyway, where I was going with this is that I went to her site during lunch today because I wanted to read an old entry or something just for kicks. Even though, last summer, I read EVERY SINGLE ENTRY SHE EVER WROTE EVER. Since like 2004. And dude, she is prolific (or was, anyway). So there are a lot of entries. And so, as I ate my turkey and avocado sandwich, I found myself spending an entire hour reading stuff that I've already read! Because it was funny! Seriously, it's an illness. I put a post-it on my work computer that says "NBLGS" (or "No Blogs"). We'll see if it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment