Friday, April 4, 2008

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.*

It's back it's back it's back it's back it's back!!!!!!

Sorry. I am totally dorking out over the fact that
Battlestar Galactica is back for its fourth and final season tonight! Since neither of the exactly 2 people who read this blog are Battlestar fans (unless you are, in which case WHY HAVE WE NEVER DISCUSSED THIS?), I shall explain my excitement:

1) It is awesome.

2) Apollo. Helo. Anders.**
3) Spectacular space battles!

4) Supremely well-developed mythology.
5) Incredibly perceptive commentary on contemporary social and political climate. (That sounds boring, but trust me, it's not.) There's more, of course, but this is a start.

Al and I watched the first two season on DVD about two years ago, and then she bought the first few episodes of Season 3 on iTunes and then watched the rest live. I, however, spent a year waiting for Season 3 to come out on DVD. Which it did, on March 18. So I've been frantically finishing it up this week--averaging 3 episodes per night--in time for the premiere tonight.

* If you don't know what this is referring to, please do yourself a favor and watch Season 3 of The Office, yet another excellent televisual offering.
**There are also some Very Attractive Women in this show, in case that interests anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment