Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday roundup

Wow, a lot happened this week in the world. Here are a few articles that caught my eye:

As a lifelong singer--in church, in choirs, in the car, on any possible occasion that might annoy my friends--this is fascinating. (Hat tip to Mom for sending me this one.)

I was crushed when I heard about the death of Nora Ephron, writer of some of my favorite movies and some of my most quoted lines ("Waiter, there is too much pepper on my paprikash." "Who belongs to this fish?"). This tribute by Lena Dunham, one of today's brightest young female writer/directors, is beautiful.

Regardless of where you come down on the healthcare debate, this piece on the Chief Justice is really thought-provoking.

And finally, amidst the flurry of people threatening to move to Canada because of the healthcare ruling (See ya! Enjoy their socialized medicine! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!), someone tweeted this gem (which may only make sense if you've made it to the end of the Harry Potter series).


Happy weekend, ya'll. If you're, oh, anywhere in the continental U.S., try not to melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment