Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Let's talk about babies!

Apparently many women experience this thing where they have a sort of, I don't know, yearning for a baby.  Like they see babies and feel their biological clocks ticking or whatever.  While I would like children someday, I do not have that Baby Need.  


Show me a golden retriever, however, or any commercial involving dogs, and I immediately start googling animal shelters.  I want every big dog I see, all the time.  I nearly ran a red light on Monday because I was distracted by a pair of Great Danes walking down Wisconsin Ave.  And I cannot get enough of this commercial, which I tried to embed, but it's showing up ginormous
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krBOmq7c4BI&feature=player_embedded


I LOVE IT.  Anyway. To recap: I want a dog now.  I want babies later.  


But then today, I did this: 




That's Emma, brand new daughter of my dear friends Ryan and Becky.  She was born yesterday at noon, and I went to the hospital over my lunch break today to visit.  And I tell ya what, I could hold her all day long.  I considered smuggling her out in my purse, though I would've been caught, because the nurses check visitors' bags on the way out.


So I've amended my previous statement: I want a dog now, but I am available to snuggle or otherwise entertain your baby any time.  Dogs, too.  You know where to find me.

1 comment:

  1. SO JEALOUS that you met Emma! Very cute picture. And perhaps as I am planning my DC/Nutcracker escapade Emma can be fodder for the fire. I have to go to DC at Christmas! I have to meet the baby before she's 6 months old, for goodness sake.

    ReplyDelete