Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Oh, hell.

There are days when you feel awesome. Unstoppable. "I am grand! I am a force to be reckoned with! I am a magnificent pearl and the world is my oyster!" Other days...not so much.

Today is one of those Other days.

Few things are worse than walking into work and immediately having a Situation to deal with. A big one. One that is ultimately my problem, my "fault," even if it isn't entirely. I find myself longing for my days as a lowly editorial assistant, where the buck stopped elsewhere. "With great power comes great responsibility," said Peter Parker (or his grandfather or somebody....whatever). Truer words were never spoken. I mean, I wouldn't say I have great power, or really any power, but the responsibility part is true.

I guess, technically, a more apt quote would be "With responsibility comes responsibility." Which, if you think about it, is really no fun at all.

Anyway. I'm having a bit of day, is what I'm saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment