Tuesday, February 12, 2008

You're welcome

Obama wins in DC! (And Maryland and Virginia).

I voted! It was the first time I've ever gotten to vote for real, in person, rather than absentee. Very exciting! Lots of pressure, though. I think I spent five minutes making sure I'd filled it out properly for my intended candidate, but they gave me a sticker to wear after, so it was all worth it. (Virginia voters, however, got way bigger stickers than DC voters. Yet another example of the disenfranchisement of District residents! Or something.)

Anyway, it reminded me of the "Election Night" episode from season 4 of The West Wing, of which my favorite quote is as follows:

Toby: I've got a speech if he wins. I've got a speech if he doesn't.
Sam:
You wrote a concession?
Toby: Of course I wrote a concession. You want to tempt the wrath of whatever from high atop the thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment