Friday, February 10, 2012

A to Zed


I'm not usually a big fan of the internet meme, but it's been a long week, and this seems good for a lazy Friday afternoon.  (Hat tip to Jules, who got it from Leah.)


A. Age: 28
B. Bed size: Full
C. Chore that you hate: Cleaning out the fridge. Usually I just wait until Jules visits and she does it for me. (Kidding. Sort of.)
D. Dogs: Love 'em, but don't have any.  I have dog yearning the way some women have baby yearnings.
E. Essential start to your day: Juice, preferably orange or cranberry.
F. Favorite color: Yellow, unless I have to wear it.
G. Gold or Silver: Silver, though I've started wearing gold jewelry on occasion.
H. Height: I always say 5'8", but in reality I'm a hair shorter than that.
I. Instruments you play: Piano, french horn, recorder (seriously!). I'll also rock a xylophone if given the chance.
J. Job title: Assistant Director of Marketing & Communications (My boss likes to refer to me as Assistant "to the" Director, etc, like Dwight from The Office in reverse. I've assured him that someday it will come back to bite him.)
K. Kids: 0
L. Live: Washington, DC
M. Mother's name: Susan/Sue to most people, Mom to me, Miss Sue to her students
N. Nicknames: Too many to list. Hannie to some; Pannie to Jules and her family; Arbadella, Poindexter, and #1 to my grandfather at various times; and assorted things related to my last name.
O. Overnight hospital stays: Um. One? Maybe?  When I had my tonsils out? I honestly don't remember.
P. Pet peeves: People who leave their dishes in the sink at work. People who don't hang up their wet bath towels properly AHEM GRETCHEN. The people in my neighborhood who leave six feet in between their car and the next one, thus decreasing the number of available parking spots on our street.
Q. Quote from a movie: "The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize." (Steel Magnolias"Mutual, I'm sure." (White Christmas)
R. Right- or left-handed: Right
S. Siblings: One sister 
U. Underwear: I'm... in favor of it? (How do I answer this?) 
V. Vegetable(s) you hate:  I like most of 'em, I just can't get behind lima beans. Too waxy or something.
W. What makes you run late: Inability to get out of bed in the morning.
X. X-Rays you've had: Wrist (broken). Chest (asthma). Dental (annually). 
Y. Yummy food that you make: I'm good with soups.  I think I get it from Mom.
Z. Zoo animal: Lions and bengal tigers. They're so beautiful.


Happy Friday, all.

1 comment:

  1. For the record... I will always help you with the fridge :)

    ReplyDelete